Thursday, November 08, 2007

Three Coins Has A New Owner....again.

Three straight 18 hour days will kill a person, as I almost found out. Business is good right now (no complaints), but it can take a toll. You begin to lose touch with friends, national events, and loved ones. 3 days can make a person feel like they have been exiled on a deserted island for 3 years. Into day 2, I began to realize why Tom Hanks made his Coconut friend. At the end of Day 3 (it was only a 13 hour day), I bee lined it for New World Brewery for some much needed Pint Therapy and Socialization with people who would not be hiring me. I got quite a few calls earlier that day from friends I had not see in awhile and took it as a sign, but I am rambling. (On with the point Michelle!)
The next morning, with a dry mouth and a throbbing head, I headed for 3 Coins. Many people have their own secret hang-over cures. I personally find grease to ease the pain, followed by a nap. So off we (my husband) went. Over the bridge and through the woods, to 3 Coins. I'm not going to go into the experience I had this day. Let's just say we left hungry. It was not the usual 3 Coins food or service. Maybe they had an off day, maybe a catastrophe happened minutes before we arrived. The point of this email is to announce that 3 Coins is under new ownership as of the beginning of October. What???!!!!! Where's Moe? No mo Moe? He was great. Always there, always smiling. He alone turned 3 Coins around in a very short time, making it THE diner in Tampa.
Dino Tsontzos is the new proud Papa of 3 Coins, according to Brian Ries of Creative Loafing, who apparently LOVED his experience. Tsontzos took over this past October and has stated he would not be changing anything (my previous experience states otherwise, but we'll see).
So get off your bottoms and go say "Hi" to the new owner of 3 Coins....again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really, really love 3 coins.
i hope that nothing has changed... Moe did an incredible job and i walk there to eat at any time of night. everything is always fresh, huge, and homemade.

i am surprised that it's been sold but am crossing my fingers.

great blog btw - i am enjoying reading it! and i am a fan of Ybor Pizza and Subs, so we are on the same page with our pizza tastes.

i look forward to trying out Bungalow Bstro, thanks to your review.
keep up the good work.

Urban Eater said...

Your making me blush md........