Monday, May 29, 2006

New Chinese Restaurant in Seminole Heights

I just tried the new Good Taste Chinese Restaurant last night and was very impressed. I ordered at 10:45 PM for delivery thinking I would get the left overs for the day. To my surprise, the owner pulled up with his entire family (I was the last delivery for the night) and delivered the very hot and very fresh meal to my door. This is very much an American Chinese style restaurant. Don't expect pure authentic cuisine (most Americans wouldn't like authentic Chinese anyways). I ordered the veggie lomein which was surprising filled with various crisp veggies, steamed dumplings overstuffed with savory pork, a sweet version of General Tso's chicken (if you like hot, tell them to spice it up) and crisp, succulent eggrolls. It was all very good, I didn't even care that the General Tso's chicken was not spicy. I rate them 3 out of 5 possums (the unofficial mascot of Seminole Heights) for excellent service, good pricing, and above average take out cuisine.
Good Taste Chinese Restaurant
8221 N Florida (next to Kmart)
990-8018

1 comment:

nikki said...

This was very helpful, a year or so ago we used to order from, I think, General Tso's, but they closed down. So ever since we thought there was no chinese food around here, but I googled and found this blog. Thank you! :)